The number of industries that ECA Technologies adds value to is vast with the following being the earlier adopters of the technology. The main industry users are listed below and information on a few of them are provided. If you would like information or more detail relating to your specific industry please contact us for comprehensive literature and case studies.
- Food and beverage production
- Bottling companies
- Farming (livestock, chicken and fisheries)
- Hotel and restaurant groups
- Shipping companies
- Retail stores
- Municipality (cleaning drinking water and waste returned to the earth)
- Mining (Dust suppression)
- Healthcare (hospitals, doctors rooms, nursing)
- Potable water industry
Apart from undisputed accreditation and testing that has been carried out world-wide on ECA Technologies, the best possible way of showing a product or a service works is by learning more from the companies that have used ECA as an effective solution. Finding out more about their challenges before implementation, the implementation processes itself and the results thereafter are paramount.
A selection of high level case studies of the most successful adopters is provided below, but detailed studies and more comprehensive information is available on request.
ECA Technology Africa (Eco-Lyte) provides solutions in all aspects of the production chain including amongst others:
Water is a probably the biggest raw material in food and beverage production. All water currently has to be treated with chemicals – not anymore. ECA solutions can replace your current mixture of water and chemicals with Anolyte at a lower cost and with no handling, storage and transport issues.
Other raw materials such as fruit and vegetables are easily treated with Anolyte and tests have shown that Anolyte is over 4% more effective at killing pathogens, viruses and bacteria than existing solutions
|Institute of Food Science and Engineering – University Arkansas:
Anolyte is 99.9% effective against the pathogens that cause the most problem in the food and beverage industry namely; Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, Bacillus, Aspergillus, Cladosporium, E.coli and Alicyclobacillus.
Cleaning in Place (CIP):
Anolyte and Catholyte provide the perfect easy to handle and use product for your cleaning in place challenges, including:
- Facility sanitation
- Personnel cleanliness
- Machinery decontamination (change in production runs)
Bottling and corking:
Once again without the need for any chemicals, all cleaning processes regarding bottling and corking are dealt with by using Anolyte.
• complete control of bio-film build up
• can be used across the whole production value chain
• decrease in production time and operating efficiency (up to 70%)
• 90% saving on chemical expenditures
• reduce water usage by over 60%
• energy saving (Anolyte used at any temp)
• safety of workers improved
• no effect on colour, taste, appearance or nutritional status of end product
• adapt to existing or newly developed CIP procedures
• 100% green and simple to store, transport and dispose of
Existing solutions such as thermal treatment, biocides and fungicides, Aw and temperature control are labour intensive, costly, toxic and hazardous.
We have seen phenomenal results in pig and cattle farming recent years. After implementing a regime using Anolyte recent studies have shown:
- mortality rate reduction by 50-80%;
- medicine cost reduction by 50-90%;
- better feed conversion ratio;
- more effective disease control and cure;
- complete hygiene protocol without chemicals;
- better weight gain
- at all cycles of pig growing;
Similar success has been experienced in the poultry industry. By applying Anolyte to drinking water of the laying hens and broilers as well as implementing a strict Cleaning in Place (CIP) policy using Anolyte (use of foggers), we have seen the following staggering results:
- Egg production rate increase of 6%
- Egg mass 5 to 6 grams heavier p/egg
- 30% decrease in mortality rate
- Substantially stronger shells resulting in a decrease in breaking eggs
- Improved health of staff (no exposure to chemicals)
We can see in the graphs below the results of targeting these pathogens as the usage in ECA Technologies increase.
Client: Tallinna Vesi AS / Tallinn Water Ltd. Republic of Estonia
To disinfect 200 m3/h of drinking water or approximately 5000 m3/day.
To remove biofilms and various sediments from the water pipes.
Result: Complete disinfection according to potable standards and removal of biofilm and sediments in water pipes.